3.15.2013

5/3/1 and CBL

As I was reading over my last few posts, I noticed I'm spinning wheels a bit. I always do this. Perhaps why I can never make progress. One day it's "moderation," the next, something else. Let's see if I can take something and do it for a period and then see if there are any results. Like, you know, normal people. (Or maybe the spinning wheels is more normal...hence the frustrated masses.)

As I kind of mentioned, I've stumbled on this idea of eating carbs at night...and then I found the more formal scientific plan for this, Carb Back-Loading. I bought the book (a book) on it and read it. It's geared toward men who want to gain muscle AND lose fat, although there is a Chapter explaining how women can use it (and several blog posts by women who do use it). It's not ideal with CF training - he likes heavy weights (recommends several programs including Wendler's) and interval cardio. Except for the 10-day super low-carb ramp-up period, I like the entire idea. It's basically how I used to work out (lifting + short cardio) and with a little different approach to eating that I think will fit into my lifestyle.

I've done one day of the super low-carb preparation. And did a Wendler DL session with bike intervals (that KILLED me...am I in shape?). I am going to really try and get my ADD and dumbassness under control and do it. I have to do a 3-day a week lift split with one upper body with no overhead press or bench due to my shoulder (rows, chins, carries) and then a DL and a Squat day. I skipped CF this morning because the WOD is squats...and I'm doing the 5/3/1 squat workout on Sunday.

Which leads me to whether CF will fit into this. We'll see. I was planning on taking April off anyway, so I'll do some hybrid for now and then do strict Wendler/CBL for April. I should be able to see if it's making any difference by then (approx. 6 weeks).

Starting weight: 125. Other measures to come. I'll take pics but you, vast Internet space, will not see them ... not now anyway. Trying to do this the right way!

No comments: